Hi, and welcome to my personal website.
I'm currently taking a (well earned :-) break and pondering the future.
The Newsletters contain briefer summaries of the year in one
Roll over here for a geographic index
Roll over here for
other faces of me
International Development Aid Charity
2002 - 2009
- AidCamps International, Founder & Managing Trustee
Voluntary Work and Field Studies
2002 2002 Newsletter
- Setting up AidCamps International (see Newsletter)
- Greenforce Coral Reef Biodiversity Survey, Andros, Bahamas. January-March
2001 2001 Newsletter
- Greenforce Coral Reef Biodiversity Survey, Andros, Bahamas. October-December
- Assessing a reforestation project in Tanzania. April
- On safari, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro & Serengeti, Tanzania. March
- Frontier Marine Research Expedition, Mtwara/Pemba, Tanzania. January-March
2000 2000 Newsletter
- Frontier Marine Research Expedition, Anakao, Madagascar. October-December
- Alqueva Dam Project, Archaeological Excavation, Alentejo, Portugal. August-September
- American Expedition to Petra, Archaeological Excavation, Petra, Jordan. June/July
- Diving holiday (!) in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. May/June
- Greenforce Coral Reef Biodiversity Survey, Yadua Island, Fiji. January-March
1999 1999 Newsletter
- Riparo Tagliente, Palaeolithic Excavation, Stallavena, Italy. September-October
- Clearing the Via Appia Antica, Santa Maria delle Molle, Italy. August
- Restoring a Medieval Path, Pettorano sul Gizio, Italy. August
- Clearing an Austro-Hungarian Fort, Venice, Italy. July
- Isernia La Pineta, Palaeolithic Excavation, Isernia, Italy. June & July
- Studying Italian at Idea Verona, Italy. May
- Genesis II Cloudforest Preserve, Costa Rica. March/April
- The Ometepe Petroglyph Project, Nicaragua. January-March
- Douglas Robinson Marine Turtle Research Centre, Costa Rica. January
1998 1998 Newsletter
- Studying Spanish with International House in Barcelona, Seville, Madrid & San Sebastian, Spain. Oct-Dec
- Mountain Path Maintenance, Lagdei-Corniglio, Italy. September
- Orphanage Playschemes and Mural, Tuzla, Bosnia. August
- Creating a Scenic Path, Agropoli, Italy. July
- Pro Primates Ghana. Colobus Monkey Research Project, Ghana. February-April
- Assessing community development organisations in Ghana. January/February
1997 1997 Newsletter
- Dunjak Shelter, Humanitarian Aid Project, Dunjak, Croatia. September-November
- Bosnian Refugee Children's Holiday, Ljubljana/Svetinje, Slovenia. August
- Abandoned Village Restoration, Pentidattilo, Italy. August
- Excavating Etruscan Tombs, Pitigliano, Italy. July
- Maltese Archaeology Summer School, Malta. June/July
- Social Change and Development, Tamil Nadu, India. January/February
- Creating Low Cost Housing, Rome, Italy. October
- KALAT Archaeological Survey, Western Sicily. August/September
- The Footsteps of Man Archaeological Field School, Grosio/Paspardo, Italy. July/August
- Restoring an Urban Park, Nettuno, Italy. July
- Anahat Solar Cooker Tests at Sunseed Desert Technology, Almeria, Spain. June
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: A brief view. Witness account of a February 96 Sarajevo aid convoy.
Professional Summary (1973 - 1996)
- Papyrus Associates (now owned by fonix). France. Co-founder and Technical Director.
- Digital Equipment Corporation (now owned by Hewlett-Packard). UK, New Zealand, USA, & France. Principal Software Engineer.
- Time Sharing Ltd. UK. Systems Software Engineer.
Charitable Organisations I have founded, support, have worked with, etc...
Please note that I do not run or offer volunteer placements myself, nor do I run any organisations that make grants or offer any kind of funding. For volunteering with or requesting grants/funding from any of the organisations listed on this site, please follow the links to the organisation's website.